Enchanted® Apple, Cream Cheese and Carrot Rollettes
A tasty and healthy sandwich with a difference. Fantastic for school lunchboxes!
Serves 8 (2 per person).
Prep Time: 10 minutes.
- 4 Enchanted® apples, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices large thick white bread
- 4 slices large thick multi grain bread
- 4 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 tsp chives, chopped
Note: Use a ready made cream cheese and chive mixture if preferred.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off crusts of the bread slices.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll each slice until flattened.
- Combine cream cheese and chives together. Spread 2 tsp on each slice.
- Top with grated carrot, and thin layer of spinach leaves.
- If apple is too moist, gently squeeze out some of its juice.
- Place a mound in centre, and gently roll bread up to enclose ends.
- Slice in half if preferred and serve.